The central government and different state governments are creating different types of schemes for the citizens of their country, similarly, on behalf of the central government, to provide financial assistance to pregnant women and newborn babies of different states of the country. Janani Suraksha Yojana has been implemented for this so that women can be encouraged to take care of pregnant women and newborn babies.
Through this article you will be provided with detailed information about Janani Suraksha Yojana, so that different states of the country Pregnant women can get the benefits of these schemes and improve the health status of themselves and their newborn baby, so read this article till the end so that you can get complete information about this scheme.
[JSY] Janani Suraksha Yojana
Janani Suraksha Yojana has been started by the Central Government under the leadership of the Honorable Prime Minister of the country, Shri Narendra Modi, under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to the pregnant women of the country to take care of them and their health.
Newborn child, so that the country’s Janani Suraksha Yojana is a safe motherhood scheme under the National Health Mission, so that pregnant women can improve the health status of themselves and their newborn babies and provide better maternal care by promoting institutional delivery among pregnant women and will prove to be a good effort to reduce the mortality rate of newborn babies.
Janani Suraksha Yojana is a central government sponsored scheme based on which cash financial amount is provided in the form of financial assistance for delivery and post-delivery care of poor pregnant women. That the responsibility of ASHA worker has been implemented between the government and pregnant women to make this scheme fully functional. Based on the online scheme, the details will be entered on the online portal.
Under the Janani Suraksha Yojana, pregnant women have been divided into two categories by the government. On the basis of which they will be provided financial assistance by the government. Some of these categories are as follows:-
- Pregnant women of rural areas: – Under the Janani Suraksha Yojana, all those women who are pregnant (at the time of delivery) and living below the poverty line will be provided financial assistance of ₹ 1400 by the government. Apart from this, ₹ 300 will be provided to ASHA Sahayak for delivery incentive and ₹ 300 will be given for providing post-delivery service.
- Pregnant women of urban areas: – Under this scheme, financial assistance of ₹ 1000 will be provided to all pregnant women at the time of delivery. Apart from this, ₹200 will be provided to ASHA Sahayak for delivery incentive and ₹200 will be provided for providing post-delivery service.
ELIGIBILITY FOR JANANI SURAKSHA YOJANA
|Low Performing State||High Performing State|
|All pregnant women delivering in Government health|
centres like Sub-centre, PHC/CHC/ FRU / general wards of
District and state Hospitals or accredited private institutions
|BPL pregnant women, aged 19 years and above|
Objective of [JSY] Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022
As you know, the women living below the poverty line are not able to meet their health-related needs nor meet their financial needs during their pregnancy. Availability of medical facilities in rural areas is still very difficult. Is. In view of these present problems, this scheme has been started by the Central Government.
To provide medical facilities and financial assistance to pregnant women through this JSY 2022. Through this scheme, the government will not only reduce the mortality rate of mothers, but will also reduce the death of children. With this, poor women can also get safe delivery in the hospital so that the unborn child can avoid emergency situations and be safe.
Scale of Cash Assistance for Institutional Delivery
What to do to get the benefit of Janani Suraksha Yojana – [JSY]
Pregnant women of the country who want to get benefits from the government under Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022, those pregnant women will have to apply under this scheme. If pregnant women deliver in government hospital or recognized private hospitals if pregnant women deliver in government hospital or recognized private hospitals.
Those women can get the benefit of this Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022. The amount given by the government will be directly transferred to the bank account of the eligible beneficiary, so it is mandatory for pregnant women to have a bank account and the bank account should be linked to the Aadhar card.
Important information Of Janani Suraksha Yojana [JSY]
- Janani Suraksha Yojana is operated by the government in all the states and union territories of the country.
This scheme is operated by the central government.
- Under this scheme, especially Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Odisha and Jammu and Kashmir will be targeted.
- To get the benefit of this scheme, it is mandatory for the registered beneficiary to have JSY card along with MCH card.
- The list of beneficiaries will be compulsorily displayed on the display board at the Sub Centre, PHC, CHC, District Hospital on the date of distribution.
- 4% of the fund can be used for administrative expenses.
- Recognition will be given to at least 2 willing private institutions in each block to provide better services at the time of delivery.
- If the husband or wife gets sterilization done after the birth of the child, then in this situation they will be given compensation amount.
- In case of home delivery, an amount of ₹ 5000 will be provided. This amount will be provided only on the birth of 2 children. This amount will be disbursed by the government at the time of delivery or within 7 days of delivery.
- The amount of maternity will be provided through this scheme for Caesarean section. Apart from this, an amount of 1500 rupees will also be provided.
- An amount of ₹ 600 will be provided to the ASHA living with the pregnant woman.
- Apart from this, a maximum amount of ₹ 200 will also be provided.
- Asha will also be provided transport assistance of Rs 250 by the government.
Cash assistance under Janani Suraksha
For low performing state, an amount of ₹ 1400 will be provided to the woman and ₹ 600 to Asha.
For the high-performing state, an amount of ₹ 700 will be provided to the woman and ₹ 200 to Asha.
For low performing state, an amount of ₹ 1000 will be provided to the woman and ₹ 200 to Asha by the government.
For the high-performing state, an amount of ₹ 600 will be given to the woman and ₹ 200 to Asha.
Features of Janani Suraksha Yojana [JSY]
- Every beneficiary registered under the scheme must have MCH card as well as Janani Suraksha Yojana card.
- JSY has been implemented in all the states and union territories, but the main goal is to develop the low performing states like Bihar, Orissa, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, MP, UP, Jammu and Kashmir, Chhattisgarh etc.
- JSY 2022 is a 100% centrally sponsored scheme and it integrates cash assistance.
- The scheme has identified ASHA as an Accredited Social Health Activist.
- Pregnant women who give birth to a child at home with the help of doctors from Anganwadi or ASHA. These candidates will get an amount of Rs.500.
- After the free delivery of the child, information is sent to the mother and child about vaccination for five years and free vaccination is done.
- All women who register under Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022 will be given at least two antenatal check-ups, absolutely free. In addition,
- ASHA and Anganwadi workers will also be assisted in the post-delivery period with related services.
Facilities and assistance given to ASHA worker, incentive amount
This package, as of now, is available in all LPS, North Eastern States
and Tribal Districts of all States and Union Territories. In rural areas this includes:
- Cash assistance for referral transportation to the nearest health
center for distribution. State will decide the amount of assistance
- (Per delivery should not be less than Rs.250/-) depending on the topography
and the infrastructure available in their state. However, it would be a duty
- To organize or facilitate referral of ASHA and ANM
- In conjunction with transport, village head, Gram Sabha etc.
Note: This assistance is in addition to the Mother’s Package.
Cash Incentive to ASHA :-
- Rs.200/- per . should not be less than
Delivery in return for his work relating to facilitating institutional delivery.
Normally, the ASHA should get this money after the postpartum visit
The beneficiary and the child are immunized for BCG.
- Transaction cost (balance out of Rs.600/-) to be paid to ASHA
In lieu of staying with the pregnant woman at the health center for childbirth
Meets his living and living expenses. Therefore, this payment should be
In the hospital/health institution only.
Note 1: In urban areas, the ASHA package includes incentives for ASHA only
Apply Process For Janani Suraksha Yojana [JSY]
Interested pregnant women of the country who want to get financial assistance under Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022 by the government, then they.
- Must first download the application form PDF of Janani Suraksha Yojana by visiting the official website of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- After downloading the application form, you will have to fill the information asked in the form like woman’s name, village name, address, etc.
- After filling all the information, you will have to attach all your documents along with the application form.
- And then submit the application form to Anganwadi or Women’s Health Center.
Process to View States/Union Territories Official Contact Numbers
- First of all you have to visit the official website of Janani Suraksha Yojana.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the link of contact us.
- Now you have to click on the link of States/UT Official.
- You will have a list of all the contact numbers in front of you.
Process to check Janani Suraksha Yojana Application Status
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Janani Suraksha Yojana.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the link to view application status.
- Now a new page will open in front of you in which you have to enter your reference number.
- After that you have to click on the search button.