Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The project was launched in February 2018 to promote working women, especially those from socio-economic backgrounds. Under this plan, eligible persons can save up to half price or Rs. Similarly, women with disabilities can benefit from retrofitting their bikes with Amma’s Two-Wheeler Scheme. The remaining vehicle cost must be paid by the candidate himself or with a bank loan.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Details
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu state|
|Launched for||Female Residents of Tamil Nadu state|
|Benefits||Providing two-wheelers to women|
Amma Two Wheeler School’s new update
The beneficiaries of the Amma Two Wheeler scheme are minor. The Greater Chennai Corporation is asking working women to benefit from this program. Chennai Corporation donates her Rs to this program. Her 25,000 or 50% of the two-wheelers were distributed to working women. Working women can benefit from this program by submitting proof of age, address, and income to the program. This program is open to women between the ages of 18 and 15.
According to Chennai Corporation officials, the government aims to subsidize about 9,519 working women yearly. Previously she had 10,500 applications approved and 9,515 currently under review. This year the target has been lowered to 6062, and only 7000 women will be eligible for assistance.
There are a few things to consider when buying a scooter. The government is only obligated to pay those costs if they are included in Amma’s Two-Wheeler Program. So make sure the scooter you buy has the following features:
First and foremost, the maximum displacement must not exceed 125 cm.
Secondly, vehicles should be modernized. Must be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
Third, vehicle production is scheduled to start after January 1, 2018. They must also comply with the latest emission standards.
Details for each vehicle are collected or compiled by the project manager. He or she heads your district’s Tamil Her Nadu Rural Life Mission (TNSRLM). The transportation department also receives information about vehicles from the responsible department. After that, no further authorizations can be granted without authorization from PD TNSRLM.The vehicle registration and ownership cannot be changed or sold.
The Amma Two Wheeler Scheme program has a lot to offer. Below is a list of some benefits of the program.
One hundred thousand women benefit from this program each year.
Bikes are offered at half price or rupees. 25,000, whichever is lower.
The government offers a free reserve that can be used to purchase Amma’s bike.
The money is credited to the recipient’s financial balance. Retrofitted tricycles are beneficial for women with disabilities.
Women can pay the balance with bank advances or with their own assets.
The following women are eligible to apply for the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme program.
- Women who, individually or collectively, actively work for a living wage or active employment.
- A woman who frequently travels to go to work.
- The family’s main source of income is their income. Women are employed in both the formal and informal sectors.
- Women work in shops and other establishments.
- A woman who works for herself and has a simple job.
- Women working on a contract basis or for fixed or daily wages in government projects, private agencies, and community-based organizations such as the Panchayat Level Federations Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam Village Poverty Reduction Committees.
- ASHA employees, correspondents, and bank intermediaries
- Priority is given to working women widowed, disabled, unmarried, 35+, transgender, or SC/ST head of household living in rural and hill country areas.
To benefit from this program, the vehicle must meet certain requirements of the relevant authorities.
- The vehicle must be subject to registration under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
- The maximum displacement should be 125 cm³.
- Vehicles manufactured after January 1, 2018, must meet the latest emission regulations.
- The District Tamil Nadu Rural Life Mission (TNSRLM) Project Director (PD) assembles all vehicles provided in this program.
- The Department of Transportation was also informed, and PD, with the approval of TNSRLM, will be allowed to change owner registration due to sale or other considerations for three years.
Reservation Under The Scheme
The Amma two-wheeler program also includes some reservations for the less fortunate women in society, as shown below:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-Abled||4% (All Categories)|
When applying for the Amma two-wheeler program, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must not be younger than 40 years old;
- the applicant must not be younger than 18 years old;
- the applicant must have completed the eighth grade at a recognized college or school in the Tamil Nadu district;
- The applicant must possess a valid two-wheeler driving license issued by the relevant authorities, and the applicant’s family’s annual income must not exceed 250000 rupees.
- Can Check-Abha Health ID Card Registration
When applying for the Amma two-wheeler scheme, the following documents are required:
- Driving Licence or Learner’s License Registration (LLR) issued by the competent Authority;
- proof of age (Date of Birth); proof of residence (EPIC card/DL/Aadhaar Card/Utility bills in the applicant’s name); and proof of age (Date of Birth).
- A self-attest or employer-issue income certificate is required.
- In the case of salary or wage employment, the Employer, Organization, Project Head, or Society issues proof of employment.
- Aadhaar ID card
- Evidence of educational attainment or performance on the eighth-grade exam (SSLC, Transfer Certificate, etc.)
- Photo the size of a passport. Documentation evidencing membership in the appropriate priority category
- Community Certificate (SC or ST) and Disability Card issued by Competent Authority
- Pro forma invoice or vehicle invoice quote.
How do I apply online for the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2023
To apply for Amma’s Motorcycle Program, applicants must follow these steps:
- First, you can download the application form from the program’s official website. www.tamilnadumahalir.org
- It can also be picked up free at all city halls, city halls, and collection points.
- The application form can be downloaded from the following link.
- Urban – click here Rural – click here Download Application Form Please complete the information in the form and attach all the above documents. Send directly to the appropriate block or municipal office in your city or by express or registered mail.
- You will receive a unique application number. Please keep it safe for future use.
After completing the registration form and registering on the program’s official website, you must complete the grant form. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, follow the link to download the grant form to your device.
- Enter your application number, personal, vehicle registration, and bank information. Sign the grant application.
- Ensure the signature of the bank manager or financial company is attached to the seal or stamp.